Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1CADyuDMP

Monday, January 17, 2011

Chocolate Chips + Oats = Fun Treats!

Last week the kids and I decided to make cookies.  It had snowed here, finally, which meant we were pretty much stuck at home since Texans don't mix snow/ice and driving.  I pulled out the chocolate chips and noticed a recipe on the back for Milk Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies.  I'm not going to type out the recipe but you can click on this link to find it on Nestle's website.

*I did make my own revisions to the recipe.  I used 3/4 white flour and 3/4 whole wheat flour.  I also mixed the egg, milk and vanilla in a bowl together before I added to the combined ingredients (not sure if that makes a difference or not).  Lastly, I set aside about 1/2 of the chocolate chips.  After I rolled the dough into balls I placed two to three of the chocolate chips on top of the dough balls.  This gives the cookies a nice extra chocolate appearance.






Treat #1 - Cookies and milk

My daughter and I thought it would be fun to make a big cookie for daddy in the shape of a heart.  Could be cute for Valentines Day!

Next time I won't make the point so close to the edge of the pan.
Treat #2 - Heart shaped GIANT cookie


Treat #3 - Ice Cream Cookie sandwich rolled in mini chocolate chips

Treat #4 - Cookies with Vanilla Ice Cream (Blue Bell, of course) drizzled with mini chocolate chips


My daughter - All done!


Localfunforkidsfriday

1 comment:

  1. Yum! They look delicious. You should come link up your recipe with 'Fun for Kids Friday' http://www.localfunforkids.com/

    ReplyDelete