Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1CADyuDMP

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pork Canitas Tacos

This recipe is too yummy to not pass along.  My sweet friend (who just started a new home blog) shared this over the summer and I finally got around to making it the other night.  This is so easy to make.  All you need is a crock pot and the ingredients!  I must say that since I'm a stay-at-home mom it was torture smelling this cook all day.  As soon as the hubs came through the door we were all ready to eat.

Recipe:

1 1/2 lb pork shoulder (Boston Butt), cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 teaspoon salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 large onion, cut into 4 pieces
2 garlic cloves
1 avocado - sliced
Fresh cilantro
Corn tortillas
Limes
**Toss pork in bowl of slow cooker with salt, pepper, oregano and cumin.  Place onion pieces and garlic cloves on top of pork.  Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hrs or until meat is very tender and fallling apart.
Discard onion and garlic pieces.
Using fingers, shred pork.
Serve pork, wrapped in warm tortillas, top with avocado slices, cilantro and tomatillo salsa.
Use lime wedges to garnish!

*I didn't cut the meat up, I left it all one piece when I placed it in the crock pot.

After I put all the spices on the meat I thought it looked strange because there wasn't any liquid in the crock pot so I reread the instructions but that's what it says.  I kept checking throughout the day and I noticed the bowl was filling with liquid as it cooked!  The meat was so tender.  It makes great leftovers as well.  What a nice change from your regular hamburger taco meat.

All dressed and ready to cook! (I forgot to buy an onion so I used minced onion)

Delicious!
Extra delicious with corn tortillas but I forgot to take a pic as we were eating too quickly!!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment