Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1CADyuDMP

Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Brownie Treats

Today we were having a playdate and my daughter requested brownies to share with her friend.  I didn't want plain old brownies so I put on my thinking cap and looked in the pantry to see what we could come up with.  I had some leftover Vanilla wafers from a few weeks ago so I thought we'd try dipping the brownies in melted chocolate/candy wafers.  This was really easy and fun for everyone.


We made a pan of brownies following the directions on the box and let cool.  Use your favorite cookie cutters in the brownies, then place on wax paper.  
Melt the wafers in a heat resistant bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted.
Dip one side of brownie in melted chocolate or use spoon, spatula or your utensil of choice to spread chocolate on top of the brownie.  
Sprinkle decorations immediately before the chocolate sets.

The kids loved them!

Leftovers
After we cut out the brownies we had a lot of leftover brownies.  What to do with leftovers???  I have never made cake balls but I have eaten them and I have read Bakerella's website many times.  I decided to make Brownie Balls...an improvision to the Cake Ball recipe.  Before you look at how mine turned out please keep in mind this is the first time I've ever made anything like this and I had no idea what I was doing.  Next time I'll use a different technique for dipping.

I didn't want all the balls dipped in white chocolate so I melted some chocolate chips.  I won't do that again.  Lesson learned that they are messy!  They don't dry fast like the wafers do.   

Put the remaining brownies in a bowl and add in chocolate frosting.  Mix together.  I used a potato masher to break up the brownies.  Form into balls and then line up on a cookie sheet or in mini muffin pan and put in freezer for a few minutes until they are firm (not frozen).  Melt chocolate.  Roll balls in melted chocolate and put on wax paper to dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment