Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1CADyuDMP

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Painted Pot

After looking at this special plant grow and grow in its container for years I've finally decided to take the plunge and move it to a bigger pot.  You see this plant is very special to me because one of my students gave it to me my first year teaching during Teacher Appreciation week.  I had a very "tough" class, mainly the boys, and this boy (Ben) was one of the sweetest, kindest boys there could be.  I remember him walking into my classroom with a big smile and red cheeks from embarrassment and he handed me the plant, all the while his mom was standing at the door grinning.  I have not wanted to make the move to a new pot because I'm afraid I'll kill it!  It's been through a move and no longer sits in a window in my old kitchen but on the island in my new kitchen.  I stopped teaching when I had my daughter 4 1/2 years ago.  This plant is 7 years old.  I love it.

I decided I wanted a pot that went with my kitchen, of course.  I wanted one with black and cream.  I bought a terra cotta pot, black and buttercream acrylic paint and a stencil.  This project was actually quite simple and didn't take too long at all.  The paint dries really fast.  The longest part was painting the stencil.  Since I was painting cream over black I painted two coats.  I probably could have used three but I have two kids screaming to play so I stopped at two. :)  I'm not the best painter but I'm not looking for perfection.  After the paint dried I sprayed the pot with a clear coat for protection.


Before

I turned the pot upside down to paint



I traced the stencil with a pencil then painted.


Finished!


New pot with plant! 
(sorry it's dark)


giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment